REQUESTING A GRANT:
A. Grants may be requested once in a 12-month period for which there are 4 deadlines:
- March 15th for a May consideration.
- June 15th for an August consideration.
- September 15th for a November consideration.
- December 15th for a February consideration.
B. Prior to submitting a grant, send a one-page letter of request (via email or regular mail) to include:
- Mission of the organization.
- Amount of funding to be requested.
- Purpose of the funding.
- Benefits to the community of the specific funding.
- Total cost of the project in question.
- Fund raising results to date of the project, including a list of the donors to date.
- A copy of the IRS determination letter.
C. Once approved for a grant request, please respond to the following in this order:
- Name of the organization.
- Date of this application.
- Address of the primary facility.
- Website address.
- Telephone contact number of the organization.
- Email address.
- Name of person applying for the organization.
- Position in the organization of that person (above).
- Telephone contact of the person applying for the organization.
- Amount of money requested.
- Purpose for which funds would be used.
- Benefits to the community of the overall organization.
- Benefits to the community of the specific project for which funding is requested.
- Other donors to this specific project and amounts contributed to date.
- Past donations from The Rich Foundation for any previous project.
- Funds requested for a) Capital or b) Operating?
- Community partner of United Way a) Yes or b) No?
- Recipient of Federal, State or City funding a) Yes or b) No?
- Classification: a) Arts & Culture, b) Civic, c) Education, d) Health, e) Environment, or f) Social Welfare?
- Attach the following: One copy of this application plus one copy of the following: budget for project, list of board of directors plus their affiliations, the IRS 501(c)3 letter, and, if not previously submitted, a copy of the latest audit.